14th International Conference on Methodologies and Intelligent Systems for Technology Enhanced Learning (MIS4TEL'24)
Education is the cornerstone of any society, and it serves as one of the foundations for many of its social values and characteristics. State-of-the-art, new interactive technologies and novel methodologies allow researchers, designers, and domain experts to pursue Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) solutions targeting not only cognitive and social processes but also motivational, personality, or emotional factors. Nowadays, we can identify two main strands, providing necessary and complementary strengths to a TEL-oriented design process: appropriate technologies should be applied, and appropriate methods should guide the design and implementation of such applications. Technologies in TEL are capable of delivering smart, personalized, tailored, and motivating learning solutions. Methods are coming from different fields, such as education, psychology, sociology, computer science, and from diverse communities, where collaboration and co-working are used, such as maker communities and participatory design communities. In addition, current trends concerning the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Learning Analytics (LA) can help manage available (big) data and augment learning opportunities for learners (for instance by supporting self-regulated learning or adaptation of the learning material) and educators (for example, providing information about learners progression or facilitating reflections about teaching approaches and experiences).
As to these topics, the annual appointment of MIS4TEL established itself as a consolidated fertile forum where scholars and professionals from the international community, with a broad range of expertise in the TEL field, share results and compare experiences. The 14th edition of the conference calls for novel research in TEL and expands the topics of the previous editions, highlighting the role of the most recent methods and technological opportunities. As in the tradition of MIS4TEL, this edition aims at offering the different perspectives, and complementary voices, coming from the multidisciplinary field of TEL.
MIS4TEL 2024 will be held in University of Salamanca (Spain) on 26th-28th June, 2024, in parallel with the PAAMS'24 International Conference.
At least one of the authors will be required to register and attend the symposium where they will present the paper, this will allow for its inclusion in conference proceedings.
Technologies and technology-based solutions for TEL
- AI technologies and tools for TEL
- Agent-based and multi-agent TEL systems
- Knowledge representation, reasoning and management systems for TEL
- Natural language systems for TEL
- Recommendation, personalisation and adaptation in TEL systems
- Social networks for TEL
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) for TEL
- Internet of things (IoT) solutions for TEL
- Smart solutions or environments for TEL
- Wearable technologies for TEL
- Robotics for TEL
- Virtual reality environments for TEL
- Games for TEL or gamified TEL
- Sharing and interoperability between TEL environments
- Making and fabrication for TEL
Methodologies and experiences for TEL
- Methodologies for personalisation, user modelling and adaptation in TEL
- Methodologies for recommendation systems and user modelling in TEL
- Methodologies for fostering motivation and engagement in TEL
- Methodologies for the design of accessible and usable TEL systems
- Methodologies for including different voices in the design process of TEL
- Methodologies for informal learning for TEL
- Methodologies for fostering TEL in small, medium and large companies
- Methodologies, tools and frameworks supporting experiments in TEL
- Methodologies or approaches from game design and gamification for TEL
- Novel experiences and studies (e.g., case studies, ethnographic studies, field studies, experimentations) with methodologies for TEL
Learning analytics and AI for TEL
- Big data and data visualisation in TEL
- Learning analytics for curriculum design
- Learning analytics for personalising the learner experience
- Learning analytics for predicting behaviour
- Learning analytics for designing learning interventions
- Learning analytics for stakeholders
- Ethical perspectives concerning the collection of data and use of learning analytics
- Novel applications of AI in Education
- New approaches for the design, use, and evaluation of Human-AI Hybrid Systems to support teaching and learning
The aim of the Doctoral Consortium is to provide a framework as part of which students can present their ongoing research work and meet other students and researchers and obtain feedback on lines of research for the future.
The Doctoral Consortium is intended for students who have a specific research proposal and some preliminary results, but who are still far from completing their dissertation.
All proposals submitted to the Doctoral Consortium will undergo a thorough reviewing process with the aim of providing detailed and constructive feedback. The accepted submissions will be presented at the Doctoral Consortium and published in the conference proceedings.
The submissions should identify:
- Problem statement
- Related work
- Preliminary Results and/or Evaluation Plan
All proposed papers must be submitted in electronic form (PDF format) using the MIS4TEL conference management system.
MIS4TEL welcomes the submission of papers and gives preference to the topics listed under the call. All submitted papers will undergo a thorough review process; each paper will be refereed by at least three experts in the field based on relevance, originality, significance, quality and clarity.
The papers must consist of original, relevant and previously unpublished sound research results related to any of the topics of the conference.
Accepted papers will be included in MIS4TEL Proceedings. At least one of the authors will be required to register and attend the symposium to present the paper in order to include the paper in the conference proceedings. All the accepted papers will be published by Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems series of Springer Verlag.
Authors of selected papers from MIS4TEL will be invited to submit an extended and improved version to special issues in different journals:
Authors of selected papers from MIS4TEL and Co-located Events will be invited to submit an extended and improved version to a Special Issue published in ADCAIJ (ISSN: 2255-2863, JCR (2022): 1.4, JCI (2022): 0.09 (Q4)) indexed in DOAJ, ProQuest, Scholar, WorldCat, Dialnet, Sherpa ROMEO, Dulcinea, UlrichWeb, Emerging Sources Citation Index of Thomson Reuters, BASE y Academic Journals Database.
To Be Updated
Notification of acceptance
26th-28th June, 2024
Marcelo Milrad, Linnaeus University (Sweden)
Nuno Otero, University of Greenwich (United Kingdom)
María Cruz Sánchez-Gómez, University of Salamanca (Spain)
Digital Technologies integration in the classroom
Juan José Mena, University of Salamanca (Spain)
Digital Technologies integration in the classroom
Dalila Durães, University of Minho (Portugal)
AI for Education
Filippo Sciarrone, Universitas Mercatorum (Italy)
AI for Education
Claudio Álvarez Gómez, Universidad de los Andes (Chile)
Manuel Rodrigues, University of Minho (Portugal)
Pierpaolo Vittorini, University of L'aquila (Italy)
Rosella Gennari, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (Italy)
Tania Di Mascio, University of L'aquila (Italy)
Marco Temperini, Sapienza University of Rome (Italy)
Fernando De la Prieta, University of Salamanca (Spain)