With the introduction of advanced generative AI technologies like ChatGPT, the educational sector is exploring the terrain of AI and its impact on teaching methods. As educators adjust to these rapidly changing tools and monitor student engagement with them, many are still in the process of defining their personal stances on how these developments affect their classrooms.
The exact influence of generative AI on higher education remains uncertain, as these technologies are swiftly advancing in their sophistication and application. However, it is clear that generative AI is creating a realm of new opportunities, simultaneously raising substantial issues regarding academic integrity, ethical considerations, accessibility, and bias.
Aligned with this development, the primary objective of this workshop, associated with the MIS4TEL2024 Conference, is to examine and assess the role of Generative AI as a facet of Technology Enhanced Learning and its impact on education, particularly in recent times. This workshop aims to provide an excellent platform for experts and professionals in the sector to exchange innovative concepts and to delve into the significant elements that characterize the intricate link between AI's practical deployment and its underlying theory.
The topics of interest for this special session include, but are not limited to:
- Generative AI in Personalized Learning
- Ethical Considerations in the Use of Generative AI in Education
- Generative AI and Curriculum Development.
- Assessment and Feedback through Generative AI.
- Generative AI as a Tool for Educational Equity.
- Impact of Generative AI on Teacher Roles and Professional Development.
- Generative AI for Language Learning.
- AI-Generated Educational Content.
- Educational Publishing with Generative AI.
- Academic Integrity in the Age of Generative AI.
- Generative AI and Collaborative Learning.
- Challenges and Opportunities for Generative AI in Higher Education.
- Generative AI for STEM Education.
- Inclusion and Accessibility through Generative AI.
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Generative AI Teaching Assistants.
- Generative AI and the Evolution of Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- The Intersection of Gamification and Generative AI in Education.
- Generative AI in Educational Leadership and Policy Making.
- Barriers to Adoption of Generative AI in Education.
- Long-term Prospects of Generative AI in Education.
- Metaverse and education
- Dalila Durães (University of Minho, Portugal)
- Goreti Marreiros (Polytechnic of Porto, Portugal)
- Pedro Miguel Freitas (Catholic University, Portugal)
- Paulo Novais (University of Minho, Portugal)
- Andrés Muñoz (University of Cadiz, Spain)
University of Minho, Portugal